GigaE Support

MiguelArgolo

GigaE Support

Post by MiguelArgolo »

Is it possible to use GigaE cameras like basler 1920-50gc with scnenescan-pro? If yes, how can I configure it?

Best Reggards
Miguel Argolo
k.schauwecker

Re: GigaE Support

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Miguel,

The GigE Vision and USB3 Vision protocols are very similar. The problem is the different interfaces. For GigE Vision you would need a device with three ethernet ports, so both cameras can transfer image data without network collisions, and SceneScan can transfer it's processing results also without collisions. SceneScan can already produce data rates above 900 MBit/s, so there won't be any bandwidth left on the single link for the cameras.

If you have a volume application please contact us and we will explore the possibility to supply a GigE Vision version to you. For low volume projects, however, making a custom hardware is usually not economical.

Regards,
Konstantin
MiguelArgolo

Post by MiguelArgolo »

Hi Konstantin, thank you for your fast reply, I put all cameras on same IP range on a Gigabit Switch(ubiquiti edgeswitch 10xp), but on Nerian's camera selection I can't find the cameras, using the Basler's software I can find easily, take snapshots and so on.
Selection_083.png
Selection_083.png (31.16 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
Reggards
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Miguel,

as I wrote, GigE Vision is not supported at the moment, as this would require more than one network interface to work reliably.

The option "Network" in the camera selection is for transferring image data with our API or NVCom through the network. Again, this faces the same problems that the performance is signifcantly reduced due to the network being the bottleneck, and unreliable timing due to unpredictable packet collisions on the link. This feature is more intended for offline processing and testing.

Connecting to a GigE Vision camera is unfortunately not possible.

Regards,
Konstantin