No preview once calibrated

pschwarz

No preview once calibrated

Post by pschwarz »

After calibrating the system, I have no way of viewing the stereo matching. The preview tab on the web interface just says "connecting..." and when I try to use NVCom, it is stuck waiting for data. I am able to see the the feed from both cameras in the calibration and preview calibration windows at 10 fps. I am using chameleon3 5MP camera with a 4x4 binning and running the latest firmware (v5.0.0)
k.schauwecker

Re: No preview once calibrated

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Peter,

could you send the device configuration (downloadable from the web-interface maintenance page) to service@nerian.com? I will investigate the issue.
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

I couldn't find an obvious problem with your configuration. According to the logs the system was running for at least 3 hours at at the configured 10 fps. Did you make sure that all browser windows that stream video data (preview, calibration, review calibration) were closed when you tested NVCom? Those browser windows disable the normal video transmission.

Did you have any such problems with firmware 4.x?
pschwarz

Post by pschwarz »

It seems to only be an issue with the most recent firmware (v5.0.0) I went back to a previous version (v4.1.1) and immediately had a preview of the stereo matching without having to re-calibrate. could this be an issue with the chameleon3 and the new firmware?
pschwarz

Post by pschwarz »

Although I am able to preview the stereo matching, I am not able to connect to the system using NVCom. On startup of NVCom it allows me to establish a connection with the system (stauts at "OK, 10.00 fps. Jumbo frames enabled") but after I select the device it is stuck waiting for data. this is with firmware version 4.1.1
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

This looks like Jumbo frames are not enabled or working on your host PC. Can you try disabling jumbo frames in SceneScan's network settings? If NVCom works after this, then please check the settings of your network adapter. The configured MTU size should match the MTU size of SceneScan's settings (typically 9000 bytes, which is sometimes called 9014 bytes by some windows drivers)
pschwarz

Post by pschwarz »

That solved the issue with NVCom and running on version 4.1.1. I forgot to enable Jumbo frames when I switched to a new PC