Bug in Auto Exposure ROI Settings

PHKE

Bug in Auto Exposure ROI Settings

Post by PHKE »

Hello,

after some testing with the auto exposure ROI settings I am quite sure there is a bug in it. It seems to me that it is not possible to put the ROI left or up from the center. Negative values for the offset x and offset y seem to be ignored. I tested it this way. Setting offset x and offset y to something negative and covering the upper left part of both lenses. The brightness does not change. The ROI still seems to me at the center of the picture
When I do the same with positive x and positive y and covering the lower right part of both lenses the images get a lot brighter.
Moreover, for the ROS node, rqt_reconfigure only allows positive values for the two offsets. Can you reproduce this behaviour? Thanks for helping.

Best regards
PHKE
k.schauwecker

Re: Bug in Auto Exposure ROI Settings

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi PHKE,

can you try out the latest firmware? I think we recently fixed a bug in this feature.

Regards,
Konstantin
PHKE

Post by PHKE »

Hello Konstantin,

thanks for your quick reply. After updating to the new firmware 4.1.0, the auto exposure ROI indeed works. Unfortunately, the ROS node isn't working anymore after the firmware update. I have tried it with the newest version of the master branch and get the following error message while launching the node:

[ERROR] [/nerian_stereo_node] [StereoNodeBase::initDynamicReconfigure] [1575361249.758232004] : ParameterException while obtaining parameter enumeration: Enumeration contained a ParameterID for which no name is known: 527
[nerian_stereo_node-3] process has died [pid 8283, exit code 1, cmd /home/cv/catkin_ws_new_nerian/devel/lib/nerian_stereo/nerian_stereo_node __name:=nerian_stereo_node __log:=/home/cv/.ros/log/ceb30e00-15a5-11ea-b4a3-78d004260520/nerian_stereo_node-3.log].
log file: /home/cv/.ros/log/ceb30e00-15a5-11ea-b4a3-78d004260520/nerian_stereo_node-3*.log

Best regards
Philipp
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Philipp,

can you also try updating the ROS node? I think this is a version incompatibility.

Best regards,
Konstantin
PHKE

Post by PHKE »

Hi Konstantin,

I've updated the ROS node and that fixed the problem. Thanks! But I have a problem with the new firmware 4.1.0: it seems that the PTP sync. isn't working anymore. In the web interface it says 'Status information is not yet available' and with ros_timestamps:=false the timestamps of the camera images do not match with the cpu time (I have checked that the PTP sync. of the cpu is working). Do you know what's the reason for it?

Best regards
Philipp
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Philipp,

I'm not aware of this problem yet but we'll check.We did update all system libraries with version 4.1. and that could have affected PTP.

Regards,
Konstantin
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

I can confirm that the PTP synchronization is broken with the current 4.1. software release. Version 4.0 and earlier are not affected. The soon to be released version 4.2 will fix this problem.
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

The PTP issue has been fixed with the just released firmware 4.1.1