trigger_1_offset parameter error in Jetson

Leone

trigger_1_offset parameter error in Jetson

Post by Leone »

Hello,
I've tried to use the SceneScan Pro on a Jetson AGX Xavier, using ROS2 foxy. The launch execution is always returning

Code: Select all

parameter 'trigger_1_offset' could not be set: Parameter {} doesn't comply with floating point range.
When I did the same test on a usual notebook, I just changed the IP parameter and I could get the device images.
I would be glad if anyone could help me with some solution or hint to make it work.
RaminYT

Re: trigger_1_offset parameter error in Jetson

Post by RaminYT »

Hi Leone,

let's see if we can verify / ascertain more information:

- You are using the same ROS2 distribution version and package updates on both machines, and it works on one of them and fails on the other?
- Could you provide a bit more context about the error? Does the nerian_stereo node just terminate after showing just that message without any other text?
- Are you using ros2 param or the launch configuration in any way during launch to change the default parameters (other than the IP etc.), or does the node crash when started on its own without any parameter changes? What other ROS2 nodes, if any, are running when you start the node?
- It would be helpful if you could share the device configuration, so we can verify that there are no oddities or bugs in the settings. (Web interface, "Maintenance -> Download Configuration"). You can of course PM the resulting tgz archive if you do not wish to attach it here.

I will try to reproduce the problem, and also make the parameter code more robust and look at adding more runtime logging capabilities for the ROS2 parameter setup process.

We will get to the bottom of this. :)

Ramin (from Nerian)
RaminYT

Post by RaminYT »

I have confirmed there was indeed a bug related to the parameter increments on the ROS2 side - it is now fixed. Until the updated packages are rebuilt and distributed by ROS, you could try using our latest sources from https://github.com/nerian-vision/nerian_stereo_ros2
Leone

Post by Leone »

Thanks a lot for your help!
I was about to answer your first request, when I saw your last reply.
I updated the code and it is working fine! :D