Scenescan Pro Frame Rate Issue

mtriuser

Scenescan Pro Frame Rate Issue

Post by mtriuser »

Hello,

I'm working on two robotic systems that both use the Scenescan Pro product. Both systems have the Scenescan Pro triggered by an external Basler camera. The overall system is controlled through ROS.

One of the systems demonstrates correct behavior by triggering the Nerian with a frame rate of 2fps through ROS, while the problematic system should be getting triggered at 2fps, but only reports images at .88fps through ROS. However, when looking at the Scenescan configuration page on the faulty system while the Nerian ROS node is not running, the "System Status" page reports 2fps.

The Nerian software configurations, as well as the ROS software configurations are identical. Furthermore, the control computer from the non-faulty system also only runs the Scenescan Pro at .88fps.

Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated. See both system's Scenescan configurations attached, and let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.
Attachments
settings_working.tgz
(143.65 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
settings_faulty.tgz
(143.22 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
k.schauwecker

Re: Scenescan Pro Frame Rate Issue

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi,

Did I understand you correctly that you are using an external trigger source and not SceneScan's trigger output? How exactly have you wired the triggering? Can you confirm that you get more than 0.88 fps when connecting the cameras with this trigger setup to a PC? What about when you change the camera pairs between the working and non-working unit?

I did a comparison between both configurations and they seem mostly identical, so I don't think it's a configuration issue.